3 December 2011

Who dares to bare (all in some cases!!!)

The Risque Factor. Did it develop in the 70's, when Westwood created the punk movement, which rebelled against the norm & aimed to shock. Or could it of started in the 30's - for instance, the scene in the 1934 film 'It Happened One Night', where the sight of a little leg was a big shock factor. Or was it even earlier, dating back to when corsetry was created. All I know is that it has made a big, and rather IN YOUR FACE comeback within 2011, starting with the sheer maxi dress in SS11. Now stretching to sheer, and somewhat see-through blouses. Although this is VERY shocking to see on the street, instead of on a catwalk or in the pages of Vogue, isn't it really just a celebration of femininity? And I must admit, I don't think I'd ever be brave enough to sport my D cups on the streets of England (without a bra) underneath a sheer blouse. There is also a very fine line between sheer femininity and trashy slut. So watch out and stick to feminine shades, loose flowing cuts and delicate fabrics. After all if the women in the photo bellow can walk around with the dangerously low cut top and not look tacky, there must be a certain way people can pull it off. But the real question is, is this growing trend one of sheer fabrics or stand out confidence?

1 comment:

  1. Show some skin, and when you look like they do, why not?

    I made an bloglovin' account, can you follow me please http://www.bloglovin.com/en/blog/2218999/tereza-anton-drastic-plastic
    I already followed you :).

    ReplyDelete