24 March 2012

Country Pride

   So it has been announced, and the build-up has been nearly as intense as the wait to find out the designer of choice for the royal wedding dress - which was of course, was a dress by Sarah Burton for Alexander McQueen, which I was extremely pleased about. Anyway back to the Olympics, Stella McCartney has been revealed as the chosen designer for the 2012 games. Although I am more of a couture fan, I am appreciative of sportswear's functional designs, and I believe McCartney has very successfully combined the functionality of sportswear with the aesthetical of fashion design. To be able to make comparisons with the other competitors, I have also found some photos and designs of sportswear for the other teams. So what do you think?
 Stella McCartney Team GB Villagewear Collection above & bellow.
Bellow a piece from Italian label Ermanno Scervino has designed the Olympic kit for Azerbaijan Republic.
River Island's addiction to the London 2012 Olympics, teaming up with Adidas to create a sportswear collection bellow.
Prada was unveiled as the sponsor of the Italian national sailing team, with designs bellow.
Armani has enlisted a selection of athletes to models its new EA7 collection, which is set to be worn by the Italian national team at London 2012. Pictured here is British middle distance runner Emily Pidgeon. I love how these photos really narrow the divide between fashion design and sportswear design, with the sleek and beautiful photographs, as seen bellow.
Triple jumper Phillips Idowu and heptathlete Jessica Ennis helped designer Stella McCartney launch her TeamGB collection on March 22nd. I am impressed with the collection, however I just can't stop lusting after McCartney's outfit!!
 Bellow, I had to show you the back of the powerweb sprint-suit, I just love the use of line that almost echos the muscle's structure within the body, and enhances the contours.

1 comment:

  1. Not really a fan considering we're the host nation why is it so dull with the colours mainly blue and white. I think she should have put the flag on the designs properly.
    x x x

    http://mulberryovermen.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete