6 May 2012

You Fit Me Better Than My Favorite Sweater

    Beautiful. Yes? And I am not talking about Lana Del Rey, who is of course stunning and has an aer of Hollywood glamour. I am talking about the swimsuit above. The simple seam lines mimics the curvature of the contours and flatters the figure with an hourglass approach. The dark side panels then create a further flattery, with the illusion of a smaller waist. In case you are wondering, the swimsuit is from the SS12 Prada collection. Bellow you can see it on the catwalk.

    My favourite fashion illustrator of the moment -  Hayden Williams ( http://haydenwilliamsillustrations.tumblr.com/ ) was in fact the person who alerted me to this garment, after I saw his illustration (from the same video shoot). Bellow is another piece by Williams, inspired by Lana's glamorous stylings.

   Lana has been seen fronting a lot of Prada's pastels this season, in both ad campaigns, photoshoots and videos. Bellow are a collection of photos of Lana in Prada, along with some of the catwalk photos from Prada SS12.







1 comment:

  1. I love that this suit is so flattering and gives the illusion of a smaller waist. I could definitely use that this summer. :)

    Lana is beautiful in ALL of these photos and the ad campaigns. I appreciate her style a lot more than I do other pop princesses.

    ReplyDelete